Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's The Deal?

http://www.AutoSaver.com by Kimberly Ann


Most of us have probably experienced the haggling that ensues when trying to get a good deal on a used car.  I mean, we understand the dealer has to make money, but one can’t even browse a car lot without 5 different sales people approaching you.  What’s even more frustrating is once you know what you like, you hear the infamous, “let me see what I can do” and off they go to talk to the little man behind the curtain. That is often known as ‘let the bartering begin’ or ‘no deal’!

As consumers, we have no way of knowing, for certain, how much money a dealer has into a car.  Nor do they have any intention of telling us.  If a dealer played their cards right at auction, they should most definitely have wiggle room in the price.  And the same goes if they took a vehicle in on a trade.  We all feel like we get the short end of the stick when we trade in.  After all, the dealer has to leave himself enough margin to make money when he sells that car.  If he doesn’t sell it, he has to incur costs to send it to auction and the cycle starts all over again.

Once a dealer purchases a car for wholesale at auction, is there a set mark-up?  I don’t believe that anything is ever set in stone, but a typical markup is between 25-45%, which should include the cost of repairs. Ok, so now what do we do with that bit of information? Do we take the price of the car and subtract the high side of 45% and go from there?  Or, should we subtract 25%?  I am pretty sure we understand this can be a tedious and frustrating process.  Personally, I want somebody or some thing to do this for me!  I want my cake and eat it too.  I want a good deal AND I want the know-how at my fingertips.  Better yet, I want to know the car I’m test driving is a good deal before I even bother to test drive. 

Welcome to ‘Value Range Pricing’ exclusively by http://www.AutoSaver.com





























The know-how hit the market in February…don't be last to use an industry first.


No comments:

Post a Comment